WORKPLACE EXPECTATIONS ARE SHIFTING
- People want more of a human-centric work environment.
- Engagement numbers spiked when people were able to work remotely.
- People are willing to take a pay cut in order to work at home.
3 KEY AREAS MANAGERS SHOULD BE FOCUSED ON
- Know your team and their personalities. Lean on any type of personality assessments. We like to use the Wiley assessment to figure out where employees are strong and where they need additional support. Comfort and trust in each other is so important, especially in remote environments.
- Continuous focus on engagement: We like to use the Gallup Engagement Assessment. Looks at the psychological needs of employees at work. We know engagement is important because it has relationship with business outcomes like productivity, profitability, customer service, workplace safety etc..
- Drive Performance. This is your job as a manager. In a remote environment, some ways to achieve this are to have goal conversations....